Declassified School Survival Guide

-There’s a microwave in Hunt under the TV by the coffee bar. In Ragsdale, there’s a microwave in the room where you return your plates.

-Bring your own stapler! There is approximately one functioning stapler on campus.

-Allow extra time to print documents during busy times of the year. Lots of students printing can lead to more paper jams and other printing issues.

-Don’t throw away your boxes when you move in. Use plastic ones for storage throughout the year and make use of them and reuse them when you move out.

-Look out for flyers promoting events, because St. Edward’s gives away tons of free shirts and other cool stuff at events.

-Pay attention to where you park during baseball/softball season to avoid foul balls causing damage.

-Visit your professor in their office hours at least once throughout the semester, just to introduce yourself or make conversation. 

-Eat on campus as often as possible if you have a large meal plan, but budget it wisely so you’re not having to ration during finals week!

-Use meal plan money to buy in bulk toward the end of the year. Or, help out your upper-classman friends

-Update your resume at the Professional Development and Career center early into freshman year. That way, you’ll always have a good version for Job & Internship Fairs!

-Join a club, try something new, get involved!

-Leftover TopperTender and meal plan money rolls over to the spring semester.