The Wolf on Woodward: Senior strives to leave mark through involvement

Looking to meet an individual with a creative and artful side? Look no further than communication major, senior Jason Garcia. The 21-year-old San Antonio native can often be found at the Jo’s coffee shop, vibing to artists such as Banks and Lana Del Rey as he people-watches throughout the day.

In Garcia’s four years at St. Edward’s, he has not only ventured around campus but throughout Austin and the surrounding areas. His favorite hotspots are Zilker Park, Town Lake, art exhibits and Austin’s amazing and diverse eateries. Garcia is always on the look-out for a new taqueria to explore and any new sushi spots, along with any breathtaking nature views and new artistic expressions.

Garcia has an artistic touch, not only in mind but on his body as well. Garcia carries nearly seven tattoos of varying symbols and art. Most notably, he carries two beta fish on his forearms; the fish being his zodiac sign, illustrating the ying-yang symbol and the opposing sides of good and evil. In addition to this piece, he carries a portrait of a wolf that “embodies who I am as person,” Garcia said. Garcia has been very busy on the Hilltop for the past four years and has an array of achievements. He has been a member of Topper TV for all four of his years and has been a director for the past two.

In an effort to be more connected to his faith, Garcia dedicated his time to Campus Ministry and is a Service Break Experience leader. He is also a staple in Student Life, where he is the director of upperclassmen programming.

Believing that all St. Edward’s students should take pride, Garcia was an orientation leader and Anchors herd leader.

In his final year at St. Edward’s, he has big plans not only for the rest of his school year, but for whatever may come after graduation. By the end of the year, Garcia would like to participate in a C3Presents internship that will help him dive into his desired field of event planning.

While Garcia has his heart set on graduating, he holds the positions and organizations that he has been apart of over the years close to his heart. Knowing that he will soon be leaving, he hopes to leave pride and a legacy in every organization and position he was able to be a part of.

Once he has completed his time here on the Hilltop, he hopes to find a job in the event-planning business and find a place to live in Austin. Even though Austin will always be special to him, he would like to venture and see the wonders the world has to offer as well.