Campus cafeteria food gets a facelift… and some wheels

The remodeling of Hunt Hall Cafe and introduction of the Hungry Goat food trailer are among several changes implemented by Bon Appetit over the summer into fall semester.

The food management company said these are part of a broader initiative to promote healthy options and incorporate student feedback.

Assistant general manager for Bon Appetit Elvin Lubrin runs the St. Edward’s food services Twitter and has been promoting the new changes @BonAppSEU.

“It feels like a tighter community because of the thought that Bon Appetit and St. Edward’s put into this project,” Elvin said. “We definitely have that in mind when we prepare our menu.”

Senior Katherine Nixon was given additional meal plan this semester after her on-campus housing at the Pavilions was postponed. Because of that, Nixon said, she’s found herself eating on campus for convenience.

“I feel like the chicken tenders are always a safe bet,” Nixon said. “I try to do basic stuff. It’s O.K. It’s ‘caf’ food.”

Additional changes include more open dining spaces, menu changes and extended regular dining hours. Hunt Hall Café is now open Monday through Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., while The Huddle and Outtakes have extended their hours to 7 days a week with no gaps between morning and evening service.

Outside Fleck Hall, the Hungry Goat food trailer is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4:30 to 8 p.m. On Fridays, it is open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.