Hilltop Views HQ: A look ahead to this semester

Since we have been online, we have regularly asked ourselves how we have tried. Although we have tried a few things here and there, we hope to finally have the answer this semester.

Now that the semester is underway, we would like to welcome several new additions to our website.

Brennan Barnhill will be drawing two “Slapdash” comics per week for us – one of which will be posted exclusively online every Friday.

The new sports blog, “Views from the Bleachers” will feature original sports commentary every Monday from Wes Gardener. Wes has written both sports news and commentary for us in past semesters, and we are pleased that he will be our first website exclusive sports columnist. The blog will also feature regular videos from Marlisa Goldsmith.

We are also pleased to announce that Chris Bourke is joining our staff as our head videographer. Chris will be in charge of everything from helping to cover hard news events to creative featurettes that will be posted periodically throughout the semester.

We have several other ideas for online exclusives in the works, and we hope to be making more additions and improvements along the way. We’re excited about the new semester, and we hope you are too.