Campus fashion show benefits charity

%C2%A0%0A

Sigma Alpha Pi will presents the third annual fashion show dedicated to Project Transition Nov. 13.

Project Transition is an agency that is dedicated to helping people who are living with AIDS and HIV by providing affordable housing in a safe environment.

Sigma Alpha Pi and Student Life have been preparing for this event since July. Models will be showing clothes from Girl Next Door, Buy Definition, Parts and Labour and many other local clothing stores.

There will be live entertainment and a silent auction will be held in the Bain Boardroom. The auction will be held as a separate fundraiser. They will be auctioning off an iPod, a signed UT football, and many other gifts. Money raised from the silent auction will go to Sigma Alpha Pi, and all funds raised from the fashion show will go to help Project Transition.

“I hope to have a very diverse audience,” said Secretary Elizabeth Miller. “It’s a good way for students to get involved and help people but still have fun.”

The theme for this year’s fashion show is L.A. in the 80’s. Executive Producer of the fashion show, Jonathan Garcia, hopes the show has a “retro” feel.

Miller also agrees the show will be a great fundraising experience because it’s different than the normal bake sale or candy sale. It’s an activity that students, faculty, and staff can participate in and enjoy.

The Fall 2007 fashion show won the Event of the Year Award at St. Edward’s. Garcia hopes to continue this success with the upcoming show.

The event will take place November 13 at 7 p.m. in the Mabee Ballroom. Tickets are $8 and can be purchased at the door.