Top Ten

1. LIONS MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSEThis course has been one of Austin’s most enjoyable courses since it opened in 1934. A regular round on a weekend costs $21.50, while weekdays cost $19.50.

2. PETER PAN MINI-GOLFAt the low price of $6 for 18 holes or $9 for 36 holes, Peter Pan Mini-Golf is a favorite of St. Edward’s University students. Where else could you play golf with a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex?

3. GREY ROCK GOLF CLUBFormerly known as Circle C, this club is home to the St. Edward’s men’s and women’s golf invitationals. It is known for its regularly pristine conditions, even in the winter.

4. JIMMY CLAY/ROY KIZER GOLF COURSESClose to campus, this location offers two separate courses for play. Ranging from $22-28, the Jimmy Clay and Roy Kizer courses are affordable for students. 5. RIVERSIDE GOLF COURSEFormerly known as the Austin Country Club, Riverside is a nice, student-friendly course. The 18-hole facility is known for being a good, low-cost course that is close to campus.6. WILLIE NELSON’S CUT-N-PUTT This nine-hole course is owned by Willie Nelson. It’s got a really laid-back atmosphere, and you might even catch a glimpse of Willie Nelson or Billy Bob Thornton who visit frequently.7. SHADOW GLEN GOLF CLUBShadow Glen is a 7,100-yard, par-72 golf course with scenic views, over 50 feet of elevation change and many water features. It is located in Manor.

8. FOREST CREEK GOLF CLUBThis 7,147-yard, par-72 golf course is located in Round Rock. A snack bar and cafe, a three-tiered practice range, putting green and a short game area are some of the offered amenities.

9. PINE FOREST GOLF CLUBPine Forest is known as one of the finest public golf courses in Central Texas. It is located in Bastrop and has a beautiful natural landscape with a unique layout. 10. BUTLER PARK PITCH & PUTTThis nine-hole, 27-par course is a great place for anyone from beginners to advanced golfers. While it is only $7 for the first round, the course only takes cash.