SGA presidential campaign: Sebastian Roman

Hi, St. Edward’s!

I’m Sebastian Roman, or Sebas, a senior Business Administration major. 

The reason I am going to be a fifth-year senior is because I switched from Political Science to Business Administration my sophomore year and fell a semester behind.

Rather than obsess with graduating on time by taking 18 hours, I have dedicated that time to being involved on campus, studying abroad, and working outside of the university.

I was fortunate enough to work as Traditions Coordinator for University Programming Board, Secretary of the Residence Hall Association (now RPB), a Marketing Assistant Intern in Angers, France for St. Edward’s and now as a Co-Director of Hilltop Leaders.

Since 2011, I have seen a recurring pattern of student concerns. My goal as SGA President is to make sure the issues which have concerned students for years, such as parking costs and transparency between administrators, are pushed forward and action is taken towards resolving them within a year.

Jacob Rogers, who is running as Vice President, and I want to make sure that student concerns are heard and that action is taken.

As the representative body for SEU students, it is imperative that SGA is accountable and relatable to the people it serves. In order to bring about major change we must demonstrate that students truly want or don’t something, and in order to do that we must increase student participation and show them that change is possible.

St. Edward’s University is a diverse university in many aspects, and we want to make sure that all students have the best college experience and have their voices heard.